Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Eugene, OR

How to Verify a Professional's License in Eugene?

Hiring unlicensed professionals in Eugene can result in substandard projects. The Oregon Construction Contractors Board licenses and regulates all professional contractors operating in Eugene, and you should always ensure that your intended professionals have obtained the requisite license from this Board before you hire them. To verify the licensing status of professionals in Eugene, you can use the Contractor License Search tool maintained by the Oregon Construction Contractors Board.

Apart from hiring licensed professionals in Eugene, you must also make sure that you apply for any permits that may be required for your intended projects. If your projects involve the construction, modification, or alteration of structures, you may need to apply to the Permit and Information Center of the Eugene Building and Permit Services for the requisite permits. For more information, you can submit your queries online to the Permit and Information Center, or you can contact the city's Permit Center at (541) 682-5505. You can also visit the physical location of the city's Permit Center for counter assistance on Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at:

  • Atrium Building
  • 99 W 10th Avenue
  • Eugene, OR 97401
Oregon Contractor License Search:

Do Eugene Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Eugene neighborhood associations are not authorized to issue permits for building-related projects in the city. Eugene is made up of 23 recognized neighborhood associations, and you can use the city's neighborhood map to find out which of these neighborhood associations represents your neighborhood. Neighborhood associations provide community members with an avenue to voice their concerns about developmental projects that affect their community's livability. Eugene also works with these associations to address shared challenges and a shared vision of improving life quality for their communities. For instance, the neighborhood associations can work on developmental projects that foster community pride and a sense of belonging with the help of the city's Community and Neighborhood Matching Grants (CNMG) program. Likewise, the Community Center for the Performing Arts (CCPA), which received a Eugene Neighborhood Matching Grant of $10,000.00, partnered with the Downtown Neighborhood Association to restore and install the historic street lamps at the Woodmen of the World Hall (W.O.W. Hall) at 291 West 8th Avenue (8th and Lincoln). You can use the city's online neighborhood meeting & events calendar to get details about your neighborhood associations' meeting and events schedule.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Eugene?

You can make complaints about unfair business practices or the deceptive practices of professionals in Eugene by reporting to the Consumer Protection Office of the Oregon Department of Justice. To file a complaint with this office, you can complete an online complaint form or download a Consumer Complaint Form, which you can then complete and send via mail to the address provided at the bottom of the complaint form. Note that you can attach copies of relevant documents that may prove your case when completing your form online or sending it via mail. The Attorney General's Office Search Consumer Complaint tool lets you stay updated about fraudulent businesses within Eugene and is a useful way to reduce your chances of falling victim to one.

Normally, the Oregon Department of Justice will assign your case to an enforcement officer to take necessary actions if your complaint falls within its jurisdiction. Where the complaint is outside the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice, it is forwarded to the appropriate agency. It is important to note that the Department does not have the authorization to give you legal advice, nor can it guarantee restitution. As such, it is a good idea for you to retain the services of a private lawyer who can pursue private legal action against the subject of your complaint. You can use the Lane County Bar Association's members directory to get information on available lawyers in Eugene, and you can also send an email to the Bar Association for clarification on how to retain the services of a lawyer. You can also file a Eugene small claims action if you have a claim not exceeding $10,000 at the Lane County Justice Court. You do not typically need legal representation to file these types of actions, and you can make use of the legal aid services available on the OregonLawHelp website to get relevant information that can guide you through the small claims procedure.